Lowest Component Count, Energy-Efficient Off-Line Switcher IC
- LinkSwitch-TN is specifically designed to replace all linear and capacitor-fed (cap dropper) non-isolated power supplies in the under 360 mA output current range at equal system cost while offering much higher performance and energy efficiency.
- LinkSwitch-TN devices integrate a 700 V power MOSFET, oscillator, simple On/Off control scheme, a high voltage switched current source, frequency jittering, cycle-by-cycle current limit and thermal shutdown circuitry onto a monolithic IC. The start-up and operating power are derived directly from the voltage on the DRAIN pin, eliminating the need for a bias supply and associated circuitry in buck or flyback converters.
- Technical sheet: https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/527613/POWERINT/LNK306GN.html
- Lowest cost and component count buck converter solution
- Fully integrated auto-restart for short-circuit and open loop fault protection – saves external component costs
- LNK302 uses a simplified controller without auto-restart for very low system cost
- 66 kHz operation with accurate current limit – allows low cost off-the-shelf 1 mH inductor for up to 120 mA output current
- Tight tolerances and negligible temperature variation
- High breakdown voltage of 700 V provides excellent input surge withstand
- Frequency jittering dramatically reduces EMI (~10 dB)
– minimizes EMI fi lter cost
- High thermal shutdown temperature (+135°C minimum)
- Appliances and timers
- LED drivers and industrial controls