Flash/EEPROM 8-Bit Microcontrollers PIC16F84A (DIP18)
Wide operating voltage range:– Commercial: 2.0V to 6.0V– Industrial:2.0V to 6.0V
- The PIC16F8X is a group in the PIC16CXX family of low-cost, high-performance, CMOS, fully-static, 8-bitmicrocontrollers.
- This group contains the following devices:
- All PICmicro™ microcontrollers employ an advanced RISC architecture. PIC16F8X devices have enhanced core features, eight-level deep stack, and multi pleinternal and external interrupt sources.
- The separate instruction and data b uses of the Harvard architecture allow a 14-bit wide instruction word with a separate 8-bit wide data bus.
- The two stage instruction pipeline allows all instructions to execute in a single cycle,except for program branches (which require two cycles) A total of 35 instructions (reduced instruction set) are available. Additionally, a large register set is used to achieve a very high performance level.
- Technical sheet: https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/74979/MICROCHIP/PIC16F84A.html
• In-Circuit Serial Programming (ICSP™) – via two pins (ROM devices support only Data EEPROM programming)
• Power-on Reset (POR)
• Power-up Timer (PWRT)
• Oscillator Start-up Timer (OST)
• Watchdog Timer (WDT) with its own on-chip RC oscillator for reliable operation
• Power saving SLEEP mode
• Selectable oscillator options