The ISL62882 is a multiphase PWM buck regulator for miroprocessor or graphics processor core power supply.
The ISL62882 can be configured as CPU or graphics Vcore controller and is fully compliant with IMVP-6.5 specifications.
- The ISL62882 is a multiphase PWM buck regulator for miroprocessor or graphics processor core power supply.The multiphase buck converter uses interleaved phases to reduce the total output voltage ripple with each phase carrying a portion of the total load current, providing better system performance, superior thermal management, lower component cost, reduced power dissipation, and smaller implementation area.
- The ISL62882 uses two integrated gate drivers to provide a complete solution.
- The PWM modulator is based on Intersil’s Robust Ripple Regulator (R3) technology. Compared with traditional modulators, the R3 modulator commands variable switching frequency during load transients, achieving faster transient response. With the same modulator, the switching frequency is reduced at light load, increasing the regulator efficiency.
- Technical sheet: https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/392596/INTERSIL/ISL62882HRTZ.html
• Programmable 1- or 2-Phase CPU Mode Operation or
1-Phase GPU Mode Operation
• Precision Multiphase Core Voltage Regulation
– 0.5% System Accuracy Over-Temperature
– Enhanced Load Line Accuracy
• Microprocessor Voltage Identification Input
– 7-Bit VID Input, 0V to 1.500V in 12.5mV Steps
– Supports VID Changes On-The-Fly
• Supports Multiple Current Sensing Methods
– Lossless Inductor DCR Current Sensing
– Precision Resistor Current Sensing
• Supports PSI# and DPRSLPVR modes
• Superior Noise Immunity and Transient Response
• Current Monitor and Thermal Monitor
• Differential Remote Voltage Sensing
• High Efficiency Across Entire Load Range
• Programmable 1- or 2-Phase Operation
• Two Integrated Gate Drivers
• Excellent Dynamic Current Balance Between Phases
• Split LGATE1 Drivers Increases Light Load Efficiency
• FB2 Function Optimizes 1-Phase Mode Performance
• Adaptive Body Diode Conduction Time Reduction
• User-selectable Overshoot Reduction Function
• Small Footprint 40 Ld 5×5 or 48 Ld 6×6 TQFN Packages
• Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
• Notebook Core Voltage Regulator
• Notebook GPU Voltage Regulator