SHT10 Soil Temperature and Humidity Sensor Module 77mm with 50cm Cable
SHT10 Waterproof Soil Temperature and Humidity Sensor Probe
- This product is one of Sensirion’s family of surface-mountable relative humidity and temperature sensors. The SHT10 sensor includes a temperature/humidity sensor module in a sinter metal mesh encasing.
- The casing prevents water from reaching the sensor even when completely submerged, but it allows air to pass through for measuring temperature and humidity. It’s imperative, however, to limit submersions to 1 hour or less at a time. Due to the measured data are transmitted digitally, there is no signal degradation over long distances.
- The protocol used for data transmission is a Sensirion 2-Wire that compatible with I2C: “The sensor cannot be addressed by I2C protocol; however, the sensor can be connected to an I2C bus without interference with other devices connected to the bus.”
Fortunately, libraries are widely available for almost every platform in the DIY Electronics market. The sensors are very accurate (±0.5°C and 4.5% over much of the measurement range) and the onboard ADC converter has a 14-bit resolution.
- While the sensor can measure up to 120°C, but the PVC cable will start breaking down at temperatures above 100°C. They work great with any microcontroller or single-board computer using a couple of digital pins. Even though the sensor has a 3-bit address, and it is compatible with devices on an I2C bus, multiple ones cannot be connected to the same pins. Multiple SHT10 sensors can share a clock, but each one needs to be connected to its own digital pin for data.
- A 10KΩ resistor needs to be connected between DATA and VCC as a pull-up, which increases the reliability of the communication between the microcontroller or single-board computer and this sensor. To start gathering data, you’ll need to make use of one of the SHT10 available libraries for your platform.
- Input Voltage: 3V ~ 5V
- Output Type: Digital
- SHT ADC Res: 14 bit
- Temperature range: -40°C ~ 120°C
- Temperature accuracy: 0.5°C
- Humidity range: 0 ~ 100% RH
- Humidity accuracy: 4.5% RH
- Interface: I2C
- Size: 14mm x 50mm (D x H)