The MCP1700 is capable of delivering 250 mA with only 178 mV of input to output voltage differential (VOUT = 2.8V).
Output voltages available for the MCP1700 range from 1.2V to 5.0V.
- The MCP1700 is a family of CMOS low dropout (LDO) voltage regulators that can deliver up to 250 mA of current while consuming only 1.6 μA of quiescent current (typical). The input operating range is specified from 2.3V to 6.0V, making it an ideal choice for two and three primary cell battery-powered applications, as well as single cell Li-Ion-powered applications.
- The MCP1700 is capable of delivering 250 mA with only 178 mV of input to output voltage differential (VOUT= 2.8V). The output voltage tolerance of the MCP1700 is typically ±0.4% at +25°C and ±3% maximum over the operating junction temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.
- Technical sheet: https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/846559/MICROCHIP/MCP1700T.html
• 1.6 μA Typical Quiescent Current
• Input Operating Voltage Range: 2.3V to 6.0V
• Output Voltage Range: 1.2V to 5.0V
• 250 mA Output Current for Output Voltages 2.5V
• 200 mA Output Current for Output Voltages < 2.5V
• Low Dropout (LDO) Voltage
– 178 mV typical @ 250 mA for V OUT =2.8V
• 0.4% Typical Output Voltage Tolerance
• Standard Output Voltage Options:
– 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.8V, 3.0V, 3.3V, 5.0V
• Stable with 1.0 μF Ceramic Output Capacitor
• Short Circuit Protection
• Overtemperature Protection
• Battery-Powered Devices
• Battery-Powered Alarm Circuits
• Smoke Detectors
• Pagers and Cellular Phones
• Smart Battery Packs
• Low Quiescent Current Voltage Reference
• Microcontroller Power