- The MAX1908/MAX8724/MAX8765/MAX8765A feature input current limiting.
- This feature reduces battery charge current when the input current limit is reached to avoid overloading the AC adapter when supplying the load and the battery charger simultaneously.
The MAX1908/MAX8724/MAX8765/MAX8765A provide out-puts to monitor current drawn from the AC adapter (DCinput source), battery-charging current, and the presence of an AC adapter.
General Description The MAX1908/MAX8724/MAX8765/MAX8765A highly integrated, multichemistry battery-charger control ICs simplify the construction of accurate and efficient chargers. These devices use analog inputs to control charge current and voltage, and can be programmed by the host or hardwired.
The MAX1908/MAX8724/MAX8765/MAX8765A achieve high efficiency using a buck topology with synchronous rectification
- Technical sheet: https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/314509/MAXIM/MAX8724ETI+.html
±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy Using Internal Reference (±0.4% for MAX8765A, 2-/3-Cell Only)
- ±4% Accurate Input Current Limiting
- ±5% Accurate Charge Current
- Analog Inputs Control Charge Current and Charge Voltage
- Outputs for Monitoring, Current Drawn from AC Adapter, Charging Current, AC Adapter Presence
- Up to 17.6V Battery-Voltage Set Point
- Maximum 28V Input Voltage
- > 95% Efficiency
- Shutdown Control Input
- Charge Any Battery Chemistry, Li+, NiCd, NiMH, Lead Acid, etc.
Notebook and Subnotebook Computers
Personal Digital Assistants